Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive is used to install new windows 10 operating systems on your PC, desktop computer, and laptop. In installing windows 10; you will remove all viruses, reformat your disk, or update your OS to Windows 10 to speed up your computer.
There are several ways to create bootable Windows 10 such as CD/DVD, Windows Media Creation Tool, CMD and other methods. This tutorial is the easiest and effective way which is compatible with almost all computers and laptops with UEFI Support.
Requirements in creating bootable flashdrive
- Windows 10 Operating System in ISO file. Check below on how to download official windows 10.
- At least 4GB or 8GB USB flash drive depends on the windows OS file. Please note that all the files on your flash drive will be deleted, make sure you back up first.
- Latest Rufus – It is a utility that helps format and creates bootable USB flash drives in an easy way.
To download windows 10, you need to get it on their official website, Please follow the tutorial below:
First download official windows 10 iso
- First, go to the Microsoft software download using google chrome browser.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+i to enable Developer tools or go to Chrome option >> More tools >> Developer tools
- Press Ctrl+Shift+M to toggle device toolbar or simply click the device icon on the upper right.
- Press f5 to reload the page and there you can now select edition of windows 10 home or windows 10 pro you want to download.
- Confirm your preferred edition and language then select 64-bit Download(Recommended) or 32-bit Download.
It will start downloading Windows 10 disc image (ISO file). You can watch this video on how its done:
How to make windows 10 bootable USB flash drive with UEFI support
Assuming that you already prepared Windows10 ISO file, at least 8GB USB flash drive, and downloaded the Rufus. follow these steps:
- Open Rufus and In boot selection, select Disk or ISO image.
- Click the Select button to browse your downloaded windows 10 iso file. The filename is look like Win10_2004_English_x64.iso.
- Leave the rest in the default setting and click the start button.
- Confirm the warning “ALL THAT DATA ON DEVICE WILL BE DESTROYED”. Click OK to start creating bootable USB Flash Drive and wait until it shows ready.
After successfully doing the steps above. You can now use your flash drive in installing a new OS instead of using a CD or DVD. You can still use the flash drive as regular storage at the same time a bootable USB. It is more convenient for a technician to use a bootable USB flash drive, not just because of portability but faster in the installation of windows 10.
If you have some question or clarification on creating windows 10 bootable flash drive, just comment down below, If you need more technical support, you can contact VirXon Tech for further assistance.